Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Traffic

I've just come home from a park playdate with Kim. It was very exciting to make that happen and of course Kim and I started talking about blogging and Kim said I should "totally check out my traffic." Which of course I've been meaning to do but haven't gotten around to it because I figured I wouldn't be able to figure out how to check my traffic.....or more precisely, I thought I wouldn't have the patience to figure it out unless it was absolutely spoon fed to me by google. Which it probably is but after a quick check of the places I'd never been on my blogger dashboard, I didn't find the traffic information but I did experience that really tense feeling I've gotten in my shoulders ever since my Dad told me I'd decided I couldn't do long division and if I hadn't made that decision, I really could divide those phone numbers he'd given me to practice. Which is to say I know myself, I know my limitations, I don't yet know anything about the traffic on this site, and I won't know how to divide phone numbers again until I make my kids do it when they're in the fourth grade and my father comes and visits and makes us all do it together as homework.

4 comments:

Sue Dickman said...

I don't know how to check the traffic just via blogger either, but someone told me about statcounter (www.statcounter.com), which is very easy to put on your blog, and you definitely don't have to know anything about long division to do it! It does lead to a certain amount of time-wasting, though, and speculation about how someone in Thailand or Brazil found your blog and what they might think about it.

Robin Aronson said...

Thanks! I'll check that out. And how great that someone in Thailand and Brazil found their way to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Google Analytics, my friend.

You put a bit of code at the end of your HTML and it tracks everything for you. I thought it would be hard, but I did it without any help. And I am a technical moron. Seriously, Facebook is too complicated for me.

I'll send you the directions and you can have it up and running your stats in 24 hours.

Loved seeing you btw...next time boooze at our play date!

Kim

Robin Aronson said...

This is embarrassing because in fact I used to edit web sites and have helped design them -- so I know what it means to put a little code at the end of my HTML...but to do it? Not much...still, I guess I'll give it a shot....maybe after we ahve some wine!