Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's in the Boot

I got the new Anthropologie catalogue today and I was extremely amused to find in it pictures of young women with young girls posing as if they had something to do with each other, like the young women might be the aunt or the mother of the young girls.  And it made me laugh to think that Anthropolgie is now trying to appeal to the mommy-set, when every time I go in there I have to warn myself that the life led by the young women who wear clothes from Anthropologie is not my life and the undergarments they require--or don't--are so different than those my opstpartum body demands.  Then I saw these boots swinging on legs next to fabulous Mary Janes on a young girl, and my daughter and I both turned from human into covetous lap dogs.   We want to live the Anthropolgie life!!  I guess we'll have to wait for it to go on sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anthropologie is like a fantasy life on crack for most women. Whenever I look through their catalog, I see images of willowy young women dreamily drinking from cafe au lait bowls in what appear to be fabulously shabby Left Bank apartments. If I put on my one Anthropologie blouse, substitute a commuter mug of green tea for the cafe au lait and a cubicle for the fab apartment...it's still not the Anthropologie life. :)

Please blog about the Obama house party!

Robin Aronson said...

So true.....