Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Have You Been Tagged? 25 Random Things I Don't Know About Me

If you're on Facebook you've no doubt been tagged by someone with a list of "25 Random Things You Don't Know About Me." After getting four of these in one week, I decided to write "25 Random Things I Don't Know About Me." Here they are.
****
25 Random Things I Don't Know About Me

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you're supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals you don't know about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people you don't know to be tagged. You don't have to tag any person who didn't tag you. If I didn't tag you, I don't know why but maybe it's because I still want to know you. If I tagged you, I'm pretty sure it's because I don't want to know you or anything else about you.

1. I hate chain letters.
2. In the second grade, I thought my teacher was really smart and cool and pretty.
3. I never studied a musical instrument and never wanted to but…..
4. It'd be nice to play the guitar better than I do.
5. No matter what I say at a cocktail party about that trip I took to Morocco last year, I don't like to travel and I never want to go back there or anywhere else that isn't Brooklyn. I don't live in Brooklyn.
6. It wasn't all that embarrassing when Scott Schwartzbaum gave me a wedgie that time at summer camp. It didn't hurt that much either.
7. My mother's not actually critical at all, but she really does love my sister better.
8. I'm tired of the stories I tell my therapist, but I'm pretty sure she still likes them.
9. The next time I see my therapist, I have to tell her about the time my sister gave me a wedgie after she made out with Scott Schwartzbaum.
10. Gardening is one of my all-time favorite things to do.
11. My mom always told me I just decided I couldn't do math. I can't decide if she's right.
12. For some reason I wasn't surprised when my mom told me she didn't think what Larry Summers said that time about women and math and science was all that bad.
13. Sometimes I really want to know if the Dixie Chicks are ready to make nice.
14. No matter what I say at a cocktail party, I'm not a vegetarian because of any ill-treatment of chickens, cows or workers in meat packing plants. I'm a vegetarian because I think lambs are cute.
15. I learned the difference between lambs and sheep from Top Chef.
16. I don't want to know how Padma got her scar. Tina Fey either, even though I heard she told.
17. I have never lived in a house with a yard in my adult life for a reason.
18. Every time I get an email from Barack Obama I think, "Barack Obama sent ME an email!"
19. I can't believe it when my sister tells me SHE got an email from Barack Obama. My mom, too. I mean, she voted for Hillary.
20. If I think about the other sock at all, I think, "Good riddance."
21. Because I've had so much therapy, I think there's always something else I don't know about myself.
22. Gardening is one of my all time favorite things to do!
23. I think everyone should be able to show his or her emotions all the time, except Roger Federer.
24. I really love the way Japanese women dress when they're tourists in New York. I'd love to go to Japan and see if they dress that way at home.
25. Whenever I get a chain letter, I think: Why not?

No comments: