Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chutzpah, Food Column Style

In the March 15th Sunday Times Magazine the food column by Amanda Hesser is devoted to Maida Heatter's Popovers. Hesser asks David Lebovitz, who used to be pastry chef at Chez Panisse if he'd make them. She writes: "But because Heatter never made the leap to television celebrity chefdon, I wondered if Lebovitz would have ever made her recipes."

I'm sorry, but WTF?

Meanwhile, I'm absolutely going to make the sugared puffs, but maybe not for my brother but only because he hates it when I blog about food.

And I'm doubly sorry because I suspect this is excatly the kind of thing I'm supposed to Twitter, except I don't yet Twitter.

Update, Sunday morning: A friend told me I overreacted to this (Surprising, right?) because it's reasonable to think someone wouldn't have made Heatter's recipes. Although I would argue that TV celebrity chefdom isn't such a good predictor of recipes made.

No comments: