Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dowd-y

I don't know, I just don't think Maureen Dowd should be following John McCain's Twitters about the budget. Granted, I know nothing about Twitter and I'm resisting the pull to yet another time sink (sorry Kim!), but I really don't think the list of horrible earmarks were so horrible. Two hundred thousand dollars for tattoo removal to help former gang members actually sounds pretty good to me. Given the economic times, gang membership in big cities is likely to increase, why not help some people make a fresh start? And given how much money AIG requires, two hundred thousand seems like chump change to be stomping around about. Seriously, I'm with Walter Kirn on the Snark issue, but Dowd seems reflexively snarky here, and, frankly, given how serious the times are, unhelpfully so. She's like the sweaty kid in the back of the room shooting spitballs when everyone else is ready to get down to business. It's enough already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say this...

Every time I'm on Twitter, I think "This would be so cool if Robin was doing this." Really, I actually think of you when I Twitter.

In fact, you cited an article once on your blog, quite awhile back, and I twittered it and linked it to your site. 'Course you'd know this if you checked your analytics. ha ha...

I didn't bother tell you since...YOU DON'T TWITTER.

This is your medium, baby. Don't resist!!! If you Twittered, you'd looooove it! It's sooooo up your alley.

Kim

Robin Aronson said...

OK, my head is about to explode. I don't know what to check first, my analytics or Twitter! Kim, if I cut my hair, would you still drag me kicking and screaming into the current century?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, this weekend, sign up for Twitter. Then, download something called Tweetdeck (to organize your messaging). All free and easy. (I didn't get Twitter until I had Teetdeck. It's a must.)

Twitter. Will. Change. Your. Life.

Seriously, this medium will really free you up. You can type little 140 word micro-blogs with links and get into hot debates with other super smart people. It is world-expanding, I think.

I bet Andrew Sullivan Twitters...

This weekend. Twitter. I dare you.

Kim

Robin Aronson said...

Oh, this weekend I'm at a family bar mitzvah. There will be twittering, but only old school. Maybe next week. Maybe when I finish the project. I'm scared! But I take your dare.

Anonymous said...

Okay, baby! You're on!