Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sleep Strike

I don't really look for opportunities to blog about my kids, but my son has gone on something of a sleep strike. He's been waking up around 4:30 and by 5 or so, he's just too bored not to play. So, he plays -- but it's not like he can play quietly in his room while I sleep peacefully. No. I have to be up and with him in the room. Or my husband does. Either way, there's no sleeping in until 6:30. Honestly, getting up at 5 wouldn't be so bad if I slept straight through from, say, 11 on. But my daughter's been sick, so she's been up every night for the past week. Which is to say even though my kids are 3 and 3/4, they're sleeping like they're five months old, except without the nap. Which is to say right now I'm just hoping I don't fall asleep on the subway with them, because if they're awake on the subway and I'm asleep, that would be bad.

No comments: