It's late, I'm tired, but since I probably won't have a chance to post anything tomorrow, here are a few thoughts:
1) My hair looks like Joan of Arc's, and not in a good way.
2) I have to be at a meeting tomorrow morning and I have to look nice but not too dressy for it, and I don't really have anything to wear. I've ordered a skirt and top and the outfit would be appropriate, especially with my cute new red shoes, but it hasn't arrived.
3) I read the July 4th post on BitchPhD about Obama and late term abortion and it really bothered me. Not because Obama has reservations about late term abortion but because BitchPhD seems to think anyone who does must disrespect women and isn't it awful she has to vote for him. I don't know, to me that attitude seems reductive and annoying. Can't someone have qualms about unlimited access to late term abortions (an exceedingly rare procedure anyway) and still respect women? I actually wrote a long post about this, but I think it might be quite muddled and I've said all I have to say on this. For now.
4) Did I mention my hair?
5) I just googled my best friend from high school with whom I haven't spoken in 10 years. I do this periodically. I was hoping for a picture, but I didn't find one. I did find some posts on a foodie web site, though, and that made me feel, maybe weird, but kind of good. I called her about a year ago and she didn't call back. This (combined with a few other things) made me worry about her, and seeing these posts made me think maybe things were better for her. I hope they are. Googling people you used to know is very, very weird.
6) My husband made an excellent salad for dinner into which he put everything but the kitchen sink and now we have very little food left in the house except for, and this is important, one unopened box of 365 brand Peanut Butter Pows. Shazam!