Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Lessons

So today I learned that if, in your gut, you don't think the cake looks done, it probably isn't, no matter what the cake tester says. If it comes out clean but the cake looks kind of shiny, test again.

I also learned that if you go two weeks with no coffee and no black tea and then you have a cup of black tea, you'll feel like a million bucks, in spite of a cake fiasco. The last time I felt this good was a week ago Friday when I had coffee ice cream in my friend Natalie's stupendous new kitchen. I'm not sure if it was the coffee in the ice cream or the jaw dropping beauty of the room, either way, having ice cream there was, literally, the best thing since sliced bread.

Finally, I learned that Wall Street bankers are even grosser than I'd imagined and when it comes to Larry Summers, ugh.

There it is. Sunday.

No comments: