Friday, April 3, 2009

A Book for the List and the Problem of Time

Over on My Life and Thoughts, a blog by Elif Batuman, Batuman tells us he's working on a new book. Unfortunately, working on the book will mean he'll have less (or no) time to blog, but the working title is terrific, (The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them) so maybe it's worth the no-blogging. Of course I haven't read so many Russian books, even if Anna Karenina is my favorite novel ever, it's been a long time. But that's not the point. I didn't know that I had a point other than to mention the book, but my new point is that I sympathize, deeply, on the time management front. Why even now, writing this, I just want to get to bed to read a few pages (of Diary of a Nobody) and drift off to sleep, but I didn't get to blog earlier because I was away from my computer all day so now I'm doing this. You see, there's not always enough time to do things the way they should be done (witness this post), but it's good to have lead time for books one wants to read.

No comments: