Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Is This Domestic Goddessness?

Yesterday, I baked a chicken in the afternoon (cut up with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika). I steamed cauliflower and gave some plain to my kids and made a salad with olives, capers, lemon, and parsley for me and my boyfriend (AKA my husband). I made Israeli cous cous (AKA "middle eastern couscous," the big round kind). Elliot loves it with butter and cheese.( Who can blame him?) I refused to make macaroni and cheese or even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my daughter when she didn't want what I'd made for dinner. She could have what I made plus some grapes. (Who can say no to produce?) We all sat down to eat pretty much at the same time.

But, would I have had to have made chilled martinis and applied lipstick for goddesness achieved?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed and that salad with cauliflower sounds so fresh and delicious.

Yes, dear, you are a goddess and domestic nirvana has been achieved with or without exotic alcoholic beverages to accompany it.

Speaking of goddesses, I think we should get together - we are going to Australia this weekend but when I'm back, I'm calling your "Skinny" gorgeous ass and we're doing one of our culinary play dates.

Oh and I haven't updated my blog roll in like a decade because I have so much to change and add over there but will be putting you up there. No worries. I will do all my blog housekeeping in Australia.

Until I get back, you should carry on with the torch of domestic and culinary perfection.

Still, my favorite stuff is your political posts...Funny, articulate, razor sharp, a joy to read.

Kim