Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Even In Australia

I woke up this morning and my left pinkie finger was swollen an aching. I don't know why, but it still is and it hurts and it's hard to type. Plus, I'm discouraged, discouraged by the state of the primary and the "bitter" comments. I'm dismayed that the world is going to pieces, and all we can do is parse half statements (which yet deserve to be parsed) and try to figure out who sat in what lecture with whom and what that means. Furthermore, I'm baffled that I was pleased that the Jezebel bloggers are upset about Project Runway's move to Lifetime, too, and that I woke up this morning and couldn't figure out what to wear or why I don't have more tops. And my pinkie hurts. And I didn't have sushi for lunch, even though I kind of wanted to. It all reminds me of Alexander and the Very Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day. Sometimes days are like this, even in Australia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you're having a very terrible, horrible, no good day. That is just the perfect description for a day that starts out rotten and drops off a cliff from there. Nothing you can do to salvage it...just a hot shower, a good night's sleep and the belief that tomorrow is a fresh start.

Robin Aronson said...

So true. And for me, knitting to American Idol with a little snort of bourbon helps, too.