Friday, April 4, 2008

How To Be a Domestic Goddess

Set the bar low! For me all it took was making a lasagna (spinach) while my kids were playing, baking it during bedtime, and wrapping it up and popping 2-piece packets in the freezer while they slept. And.....Presto! I'm a domestic goddess in my very own mind. (And freezer. After all, those packets of lasagna are snuggled in next to packets of frozen pink cake....Tell me, is it time for me to develop a line of mixing bowls and measuring cups?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you share the recipe? Spinach lasagne sounds great and homemade frozen meals are a lifesaver when you you have little ones. You can do measuring cups and spoons if you want, but how about a cookbook?
Annie

Robin Aronson said...

Melissa does the cookbooks, I do the testing! I don't think I can call this a "recipe": defrost a big bag of spinach, mix it with a big plastic thing of ricotta, an egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. cook lasagna noodles according to instructions. put some red sauce (I used jarred) on the bottom of a 9x12 pyrex, layer noodles, cheese/spinach/mozarella (grated) sauce, noodles, repeat. sauce and more mozarella on top. bake covered at 375 for about a half hour (if you're reheating, you might want to cook uncovered for a few minutes if you're eating right away and want the top to get crispy.) -- epicurious recently had a list of lasagna recipes, and some looked terrific. here's the link: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/howtocook/dishes/lasagna?mbid=rfv2w022708

enjoy!