Saturday, January 9, 2010

Where'd That Come From

So I went for a run today. Outside. It was cold. I don't know why I did it other than my husband and I have taken to badgering each other (I mean supporting each other) in our efforts to exercise regularly. Usually I run in Riverside park but because of the wind, David suggested a new route for me, this one through Central Park. I took it, I enjoyed it. There's something liberating about running when it's too cold to run. At the end, I ran up the big hill from Central Park to our apartment. It felt pretty good. There was on problem, though, one teeny tiny little issue. The song in my head as I was running up the hill? I can't even believe I'm going to admit this. The song in my head as I was running up the hill was.....oh god.....Eye of the Tiger. Eye of the freaking Tiger. Thrill of the %#$@^ fight. It's the eeeeeeyyyyyyyeeeee. Damn it.

No comments: