Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Roasted Potatoes

I rarely roast potatoes. Not only do I think of a white potato as a luxury I can easily forgo in favor of a glass of wine or some cookies without feeling any regret, but, perhaps more to the point, I've never successfully roasted a batch of potatoes at home. I think of this as an off-shoot of my hit-or-miss record when it comes to roasting chicken. (I'm always so nervous it will be overdone so I tend to take it out too soon.) I did have terrific roasted potatoes at a friend's house over Christmas, but I couldn't replicate it when I tried a week later. For all these reasons, I was glad to read this over at Chocolate and Zucchini. I have this vague hope that my kids might try to eat a roasted potato, and even though I know I'm kidding myself, with this recipe, I just might try.

No comments: