Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The State of the Chin Music

I am dreading, dreading, tonight's State of the Union address. Even with our last President I would always watch it, feeling it to be part of my civic duty along with voting and complaining about Republicans. But this year, I just don't know if I can watch. First, there's the chin music that will follow -- the President did this well, the President should have done that, when will the President do the other thing -- not to mention the Republican response. Then there's this headline on the New York Times web site: "In Speech, Obama to Admit Missteps in First Year." Granted, I've yet to read the article, but why do Democrats always have to say we're sorry? Seriously, all the Republicans have to do after eight years of disaster is say, "No! No! No! No! NO!" like a psychotic two-year-old and Democrats have to be all, "Oooh, right, Sorry." Frustrating.

No comments: