Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Blogging Boundaries

More often than I care to admit these days, my kids say something to me ("Of course Optimus Prime is a real person.") or to each other ("No, Elliot, sometimes a man and a woman get married, sometimes a man and a man get married and sometimes a woman and a woman get married.") and I want to blog about it. But then I think I shouldn't blog too much about my kids directly. Instead, I blog about my life which includes my kids, which feels better and less potentially, you know, twee. But then, sometimes, that leads me at a loss for blogging material, because I'm a little behind in everything and, like some others, I'm trying to get a handle on the whole new year thing. So here I am, getting going and sort of drawing the line.

But note: When Helen explained all the variations on marriage to Elliot, I just sighed happily and thought, "It's only a matter of time. I wish things could go faster, but these kids will look back on this fight and think it was just so weird."

No comments: