Thursday, July 23, 2009

Coffee: An update

I had an iced cappuccino today. Again. Again I was overtired. Again I was convinced without it I wouldn't get through the day. If today were a running day I could have because even when I'm exhausted my slow drag of a run wakes me up. But Thursdays are not for running, and apparently Wednesday nights were not for sleeping and so the coffee. It's not like I've had no coffee since I quit. I've had about five cups in probably two months. In general I feel much better not drinking it. In general I think it's better for me. Even today, the coffee drink gave me heartburn and I should have stuck with iced black tea and a head under water. But I didn't. It was fine but I'm glad that the occasional coffees keep me from wanting coffee every day. Sometimes, if you give yourself an inch, then all you want is an inch.

No comments: