Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Running & Blogging

So, I'm poking around looking at what happened today and wondering what I'm going to blog about and I'm having this problem. I can't read any of it. i mean I tried to read the Bono column, I really did. But I couldn't. Besides, apparently everyone hates it already, so I don't really have to. Plus, reading that column just reminds me of hopping around my bedroom when I was in high school singing along to a song on October that went, "On the side, of a hill, blood was spilled, we were filled, with a looooove....and we're going back there....Jeruuuuusalem...." when suddenly, it hit me, this was no "Two Hearts Beat As One," unless I got that song all wrong, too. And I was a huge- HUGE--U2 fan back in the day. I still count some of their songs as guilty, guilty, irresistible pleasures. But that's not the point. The point is that I couldn't read Bono's colum or Maureen Dowd's about Tim Geithner who apparently didn't pay his housekeeper and then there was something about the Clinton's.....couldn't get through it -- and I think here's why: At 9:30 this morning, I ran for 25 minutes on an indoor track. Now, I'm tired. Very, very, very tired. It's a little pathetic, but there it is. Now I'm working for the day whan a 30 minute run energizes me. I'm thinking, if I keep it up, April. Maybe I'll be able to read something by then, too. In the meantime, sleep well everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get through the Bono column, even after two cups of tea. Later that evening, my husband came into the kitchen while I was washing dishes and said he couldn't get through the column. He then poured himself some scotch and said he was going to watch "Torchwood" instead.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even try to read the Bono column. Instead, I actually opened the Chi Walking book, read some interesting pages (not in order), and then went outside and sprinted two blocks through the snow to the bus. Oddly satisfactory.

Lizi

Robin Aronson said...

It's all good to hear that even under the best of circumstances I wouldn't have made it through. And how about that Chi Walking!?! You go....