Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seriously

I feel like I'm in a very serious frame of mind these days. Maybe it's because of my decision to abandon "style" news, or maybe because it feels like a serious time, both in my personal life and in the world, but still.....I think I'm missing a little levity, or at least sarcasm. Like, I've been thinking about writing something about those Brangelina twins, but I just haven't been able to. Like, I read the first few lines of the People magazine article in which Brad Pitt is quoted as saying twins run in his family (his grandmother and sister apparently had some), and of course whenever a parent of twins mentions a family history of multiples it's meant to counter suspicions of fertility treatment, which, in Brangelina's case has already been reported by that magazine of record, Us Weekly. In fact, according to a friend who read the Us Weekly article, Brand and Angelina used IVF simply because they were too busy making shoot--'em-up movies to get it on. Which is gross. I can't even begin to tell you how gross I think that is. But that's not my point. My point here is that when I read Brad Pitt's quote, I wanted to ask someone, "Does he know where babies come from?" Because when it comes to twins, multiples on the dad's side means bubkes. Bubkes! But even this doesn't feel like a real post to me. I think I lost my mojo on vacation. Luckily, my kids haven't been sleeping, so I'm betting I'll get that old mojo back as soon as my tan wears off and the sleepless nights really seep into my bones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love a good Brangelina post. It is tawdry, voyeuristic and amazingly satisfying all at the same time.

Even if you are still lost in the sun of your vacation, it is good to have you back, Robin.

Robin Aronson said...

Thanks, Kim! It's (pretty) good to be back! What do you think of the Roseanne Barr tired against Brangelina? She's got a point about the movies.....