Monday, August 25, 2008

Inspired

OK. So I was completely inspired by the Ted Kennedy tribute and wept through the whole thing. (To be honest, I even cried when I read about his cancer in the New York Times.) It's good, I believe, to be reminded that politics is not just about jockeying for power or controlling the news cycle. It's good to remember that, in fact, legislation can change our lives for the better and government can help and individual people really will make a difference.

And now you'll have to excuse me for I must go get my hammer, my hammer of justice, my bell of freedom and sing my song about love between......oh, you know.....Seriously. You know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no thoughts on Michelle Obama's speech?

Robin Aronson said...

Michelle Obama was on late....too late for me to blog about it. I'm not sure what to say about the speech, either. You know I'm a super-fan of hers, and you know I' can't bear the women who are so incensed about Hillary's "treatment" in the primary when there's Michaelle Obama overcoming racism and sexism and being amazing all at once. I'm going to have to think some more about it....because I do have something to say, particularly about her nice-i-fication, but i have to figure it out....