Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Tired Day or Me Losing It: Exhibit B

I was exhausted today. Why? Because I slept really badly. Why? Because I somehow got into an email debate about McCain and Obama with a rabid Republican who happens to be my brother's old college friend. This guy thinks McCain has the integrity and experience real leadership requires. Obama, he thinks, not so much. To be honest, I don't know how serious this guy was in ticking off the McCain talking points -- he might have been "just messing with me" as my brother insisted -- but you will not be surprised to learn that I took the bait. And because I took it, I found myself upright at 3 AM wanting to take more. It was only the very last shred of my common sense that kept me in bed and away from the computer were, at 3:14 AM, I would have written: George Will! What about what George Will Says!

Thank goodness that's over. Tonight, no emailing, no accusations of untethered greed, no none of it. Just sleep. Good night!

No comments: