Friday, October 17, 2008

The Shadow in Obama

A reader on Andrew Sullivan's blog has an interesting take on the source McCain's anger. It's worth reading.  The reader argues that McCain sees Obama as too slick by half, as a man who'll go back on his word.  I don't know about that, but I think it's worth remembering that Obama is where he is because of deep, single-minded ambition. His ambition I believe will serve our country well, but it has its dark-side. It has to. It always does. We've seen the dark side of McCain's ambition, over and over, no doubt we'll see it in Obama, too.  To me, that seems fine. And to me, Obama going back on his word about town meetings or even the lobbying reform bill is NOTHING compared to McCain's capitulation to Bush on torture. Just one reader's opinion.

No comments: