Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Debate Prep

Apparently Palin's doing a lot of it, and not surprisingly, she's good at debating. She works that whole "aw shucks, who me, you old codger, let's get real" routine. And in a debate she doesn't necessarily have to answer questions as much as show that the other guy is just giving You the voter the same old somethin-somethin'. So I think Palin could be very, very good because she'll use sarcasm as her primary weapon, which at this point is just so....you know....annoying. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but when I finished reading the politico article I linked to above, I had a flash back to the Cheney-Lieberman debate of 2000. Now that was a real debate. Too bad Cheney stole the election and turned out to be a war criminal, but, still, he was a good, substantive debater. I guess we all have our strengths.

No comments: