Monday, November 17, 2008

Slouching Toward Thanksgiving

This time of year do you ever feel like you're just counting the minutes 'til you get to throw in the towel and abandon all pretense of productivity because it's "the holidays"?  I wonder if I've felt like this before, but right now, I'm just so tired.  All I want to do is sleep, knit, think about how I wept on election night and read Middlemarch.  And if it weren't for the darn Kindergarten situation, I could do just that, with maybe a run thrown in for good measure.  I want to be clear, I'm not complaining right now, I'm just describing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am counting the days till January 2. Why is it that "the holidays" seem to have expanded to absorb two whole months of the year?
Lizi

Robin Aronson said...

I know! Christmas is everywhere already! I even heard Christmas carols Monday night. It makes me want to nap.