Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just So You Know

Last night, my husband was in Chicago, in Grant Park itself, and my kids, unbelievably, fell asleep at 7:45. That never, ever happens. The problem was I almost fell asleep, too because I'd left the house at 5:45 to vote and it'd been a big long day. I stayed awake, though, and my friend Nicole and her new husband and boyfriend of 19 years Louis came over for a while. So at 10:45 they'd left and I was really working to stay awake when the good anchors at CNN and MSNBC said, "We'll have big news at the top of the hour." And -- can I admit this? -- it did NOT OCCUR TO ME that the big news would be victory. I figured it'd be Florida. Maybe Virginia, but actual calling of the election? I just had no idea. And when it was announced? Sobbing. But who wasn't?

No comments: