Friday, June 11, 2010

The Body Issue

A few weeks ago, I saw an applied kinesiologist for the first time. I have this stuff in my hip and my low back and I've seen lots of body workers (rolfers, acupuncturists, cranio-scaral therapists) but never an applied kinesiologist. It seems like he's identified and is addressing so real honest-to-goodness stuff going on in my body. But the work, it wears me out. I have a lot less stamina now, and my kids are out of school, which is to say, I find myself blogging in my head, but by the time I get a chance to sit down and type, my back's too sore and all I want to do is lie down and rest. So tomorrow I'll blog earlier about how men who don't want to have any more babies should just get vasectomies. (Did anyone else read that story in Elle about the guy who didn't want more children, his girlfriend got pregnant once, "they" ended the pregnancy? She got pregnant again, she had the baby. He was all "I'm the victim" when she pursued financial support. I mean, has the guy heard of urology and what it can do?)

I digress. I'll explore all that further soon, for now; Good night and good backs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be a dumb question, but if you're feeling worse now than you did before (a lot less stamina, too sore to type), how do you know it's helping?
I hope you're better soon!!
Lizi

Robin Aronson said...

Well, I've had a bad hip for a long time now, so it makes sense to me that reworking my system means that a lot is opening up and parts of my body are working differently than they were before. Since my body feels really different, I assume something good is happening, though I'm disappointed not to be magically better. Plus there's the humidity. That always wears me out....

Thanks for the good wishes!