Monday, April 25, 2011

Go Fish?

A while back, a friend and I were trying to figure out where to go for dinner.
"Do we have sushi? Can we do that?"
"No," I answered, "I don't think we can."

And so, we, who once ate sushi with wild abandon and true delight, had Korean food. (Please don't ask how I felt about eating beef that I was pretty sure came from a cow that had a really bad life.) Not the end of the world, it was a great meal, but it wasn't sushi. Honestly, I don't know when it will be sushi again. I hardly ever buy the stuff and when I do, I rely, heavily, on the Whole Food placards telling me what fish comes from "questionable" sources and what's a little more reliable. For more information on which fish when and from whom, there's this from Mark Bitman in the New York Times. And for goodness sake, if you're going to the Mediterranean this summer, don't go fishing.

No comments: