Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wake Up Call

During the last two weeks, I got up at five AM to work. It was fantastic. At that hour, I wasn't tempted by email or the latest on whatever blog. I had dragged myself out of bed and I wasn't going to mess around, I was going to work. I developed a highly elaborate fantasy of continuing my five AM wake ups. I would read! I would write! When the weather got better I would run at six thirty, having already been up for a good long while reading! But, having finished up the work thing I was working on, the last two days it's been hard to get myself up. I naturally wake up at five, but I look at the clock and say to myself, "Oh, I'll just lie here until six." Then, if the kids sleep until seven, I do, too. I haven't given up all hope for my five AM wake ups, but I see now I'll have to dig a little deeper if there's no looming deadline.

No comments: