Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Intelligence Appointments

The strangest thing about Charles Freeman's withdrawal from his nomination as chair of the National Intelligence Committee is that I had no idea about it. I started reading about "Freeman" on Sullivan, he blogged on the topic heavily, but since Sullivan never used Freeman's first name, I never googled the guy. (I also didn't follow any links, having to work and all.) I asked my husband who reads five papers a day who Freeman was and he didn't know either. Sullivan himself pointed out the problem. In the last eight days, Charles Freeman wasn't in the New York Times once. This all has to do with Israel and alleged anti-Israel remarks Freeman made. While I don't know a thing about Freeman (I'm not the only one), I do know the way this played out is not good. A stranglehold is never good for anyone.

No comments: