Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

Ahhhh, I'm still without a sitter and last night I had a miserable sleep. What's strange is I find myself in this kind of suspended alternative reality. Like, I know things are happening -- books are being written, song are being sung, meals are being cooked, laws are being passed -- but I'm just not so connected to all that. If I can't explain it in an almost slow-in-a bad-moment-it-goes-sing-song voice, it's not really happening. Of course, I've been explaining death a lot in a sing-song (4-year-olds can be obsessed with death), so the sing-song doesn't mean all fun, but still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! 4 year olds are totally obsessed with death! What is that?

Good to know I'm not alone...

Robin Aronson said...

They're totally obsessed with death. Helen has now taken to reassuring Elliot that it won't happen for a long time. I can recommend "Your 4-Year-Old" on this point. A lot of 4-yr-olds are apparently quite violent, too. All this to say: You are not alone!