Monday, August 25, 2008

Convention Fatigue

The convention hasn't even started and already I'm completely exhausted by it. As if the Olympics weren't enough? All that planning and training, all those great hopes and dreams dashed in a split second. Friends convinced me that Joe Biden could be the best thing since sliced bread when I was all grumpy because he talks so much. But that's not the point. That Obama peaked early isn't the point either. The point is now that the primary is ancient history, I'm terrified that the Democrat will lose. For me at this point it kind of doesn't even matter who that democratic is. Had it been Hillary Clinton the general campaign would have felt different because she's so polarizing. But people being "unsure" of Obama just doesn't mean that much, because, let's face it, we should be "unsure" of how anyone will behave in the Oval Office. McCain was one person 18 months ago and now he's someone else so whom would he be should he win the office? I'm pretty unsure of the answer to that. And, like I said, I'm just terrified that we'll find out. So I can hardly stand the thought of watching the convention, but I also know I won't be able not to watch. At least I'll have my knitting.

No comments: