Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Frog Project

I'm still having trouble getting a hold of my schedule. The computer is better, but finding the groove is no easier. More to the point, I haven't re-established a writing schedule, which means I'm just not writing as much period, which means it's even harder to sit down and blog. But, I can report on a quick trip to the Museum of Natural History (it's right next to my son's school) yesterday where we saw the frog exhibit. I was hesitant to go because I know that species of frogs are disappearing every day and I didn't want to end up weeping over pictures of misshapen frogs legs and having to explain it all to my kids. Luckily, as per usual, the exhibit was all about how interesting frogs are, with real, live, excellent frogs on display. (OK, one or two looked a little sad to be on display, but still.) Then, at the end, there was information about the frog crisis and a movie featuring a scientist from a project called Amphibian Ark that collects endangered frogs from around to world until their habitats can be saved. I have to say, after seeing all those tiny blue and yellow frogs and the horn-eyed frogs and the African toad and American bullfrog, I ready to climb on board the ark to save the frogs.

No comments: