Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cabinet Postings

I'm a little more intrigued by the Panetta pick for the CIA and the subsequent response than I'd normally be. This might be because I read The Dark Side this summer (as I've said often) so I have this emotional response to anything having to do with the people who tell unmarked planes where to fly. But I think it's also because I've always liked Leon Panetta for no other reason than that he reminds me of my high school Algebra 2 teacher, and I really liked that guy, even though I can't remember his name. Which is to say, Leon Panetta looks familiar to me, he looks like a familiar type, so I feel OK about him and this is D.U.M. dumb, I know, but given articles like this one in Slate, it doesn't seem like the worst kind of dumb I could fall into.

No comments: