Friday, May 2, 2008

May Day!!

Honestly, I'm too tired and glum to blog about too much. The presidential race may be as interesting as American Idol, but it actually is more than just theater. I'm so pissed that Clinton has, like a 12.1 percent chance of getting the nomination (according to Slate.com, sorry I'm not linking to the specific article) and she's still in the race because she thinks Obama will be a bad candidate in the general election. Self-fulfilling prophecy anyone? If Obama is the candidate and loses, will Clinton go on the Sunday morning shows and say, "See, I told you so!" Can't you hear it now? And then there's war, death, rape and the fact that high gas prices don't mean lower fuel consumption worldwide, because everyone in India and China now want to use their cars, too. I was thinking of blogging about how whenever the Athleta catalogue gets into my house my heart breaks a little at all those tan flat bellies on every page, but it seems a little besides the point to complain about it. Never mind to complain about having to give up the fantasy of having a life where all I'd do is practice yoga and go hiking and send positive energy out into the world.
It's bleak, man! And it's raining! And I'm tired! So I'm sorry for this post, but it's the best I can do.
Fortunately, next month, The Love Guru will open in theaters near you...and me, too! Now that's something to look forward to.

No comments: